VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 gets a face lift and some new features. If you haven’t use this product yet in any form your really missing out on a tool that provides great information. If you have used the previous version then get prepared for some better data visualization changes (eye candy) as well as new features that were not in the previous version.
So some of the new features provides benefits:
- That brings a single solution that delivers integrated performance, capacity and configuration management.
- That make infrastructure optimization decisions at a business level.
- Automated Discovery and Visualization of applications and infrastructure dependencies.
- That provides application aware operations management to eliminate the risk of human error.
- That enable Operations to easily and quickly understand and remediate performance issues from configuration changes.
- Multiple vCenter support is going to be supported as well.
- Integrated with Site Recovery Mgr for more complete DR protection
There are many other new features not listed. It still a virtual appliance making it easy to get installed and setup in your currently supported vSphere environment and upgrading from vCOPs 1.0.1 is supposed to be supported.
Check out some of the screenshots of the updated version of vCOPs.
VMware vCenter Operations Manager Suite 5.0 is here! originally appeared on theHyperadvisor by Antone Heyward